Today I made apple crisp for the kids to eat for their after school snack. I know it’s quite the “snack” but every once in awhile you’ve got to eat dessert in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. Haha! Almost as good as eating it is how amazing it smells while baking. The whole house fills up with the smell of warm apples and brown sugar and cinnamon.
- about 6 apples (peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups oatmeal (I prefer quick oats)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place apples in a 9″x13″ pan. Sprinkle the sugar and flour over them.
- For the topping, combine the sugars and butter and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix together till crumbly.
- Pour over top of the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until nicely browned.
Our favorite way to eat it is in a bowl with milk poured over it. Vanilla ice cream makes it extra special but it is delicious even just by itself. Especially when it’s still warm from the oven. Mmmm!
“Always make time for coffee with a friend.”