It’s Christmas time and that requires Christmas cookies! And with cookies you need coffee. Or milk. Or hot chocolate. You get the point! Coffee for me most days but every once in awhile I’ll enjoy a hot chocolate with the kiddos.
One of our family favorites when it comes to Christmas cookies are peanut butter cookies topped with Hershey kisses. I give you Peanut Butter Blossoms! The kids like to help unwrap the chocolate kisses and place them on top of the cookies.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional white sugar
- Chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together sugars, butter, and peanut butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into balls, roll in white sugar, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. They will still be soft in the middle.
- While the cookies are still hot, press a chocolate kiss onto the top of each cookie.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- I prefer creamy peanut butter but you can use creamy or crunchy, whichever you prefer.
- I bake two sheets of cookies at a time, so I bake them 4 minutes and then switch the cookie sheet from the top rack to the bottom and vice verse.
- For plain peanut butter cookies (pictured below), scoop cookie dough on baking sheet, don’t roll it in sugar, and use a fork to make a crisscross pattern on top. Bake as usual.
“Always make time for coffee with a friend.”