This pie is Christmas in your mouth y’all! It has all the right flavors. Apples, cranberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and orange zest. Christmas pie perfection.
I made the first one of the season today. I actually made two. One for a customer and one for us. My Aunt, Uncle and cousin just happened to be here and got to enjoy a slice warm from the oven. It did not disappoint!
Apple Cranberry Pie
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- Milk and sugar for crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together the apples, cranberries, orange zest, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg and let sit while you prepare the crust.
- Place one pie crust in bottom of pie pan and spoon the apple mixture into the crust.
- Dot the filling with the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Top the pie with the second crust. Cut slits in the crust to allow steam to escape while baking. Crimp edges.
- Lightly brush top of pie with milk and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then at 350 for 30 minutes or until lightly brown.
“Always make time for coffee with a friend.”