Cobbler is my kind of “fruit cake”. It’s fruit in cake, right? Ha! And so yummy. Blackberry cobbler is one of my husband’s favorite desserts. Somebody ordered one from me for Thanksgiving and my hubby almost cried watching it leave our house. I promised I’d make him one too once the Thanksgiving pies were eaten. I kept my word and made this beauty last night. I had one happy man at dinner time!
Freshly washed blackberries glistening in the light – just beautiful!
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup sugar with the blackberries and let sit while you prepare the batter.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the other cup of sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Add melted butter and stir till completely mixed.
- Pour into an ungreased 9″x13″ baking pan. Scatter the sugary blackberries evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: I use five 6 oz clamshells of blackberries.
Warm blackberry cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream is hard to beat. I also like it in a bowl with milk. Or with a cup of coffee or just plain out of the pan. You really can’t go wrong with blackberry cobbler!
“Always make time for coffee with a friend.”